Teaching in 2021-2022
Given my appointment as a senior tenured fellow of the FNRS, my focus is on research. Still, I enjoy teaching very much. I teach two classes at UCLouvain:
- Since 2011: Institut des Sciences du Travail, “Sociologie du Travail” (LTRAV2200), Masters’ program, teaching shared with Professor Matthieu de Nanteuil (30 hours) (taught in French) – Economy and Society. Fall/1e quadrimestre
- Since 2007: Louvain School of Economics, “Economy and Society” (ECON2530), Masters’ program, teaching shared with Professor Christian Arnsperger from 2007 to 2012, and with Professor Géraldine Thiry from 2013 on (30 hours) (taught in English). Fall/1e quadrimestre
Since 2017, I am also teaching in the Trade Union Program, the executive program tailored for union leaders, organized by the Labor and Worklife Program at Harvard University. The program is held annually in Cambridge MA in January/February-March. See https://lwp.law.harvard.edu/htup
Other appointments for the academic year 2021-2022:
- Holder of the Chaire Henry Janne, established at the Université libre de Bruxelles in the sociology department (15h teaching on the holder’s distinctive research program)
- University Paris-Dauphine PLS, France, Graduate Seminar “The Challenges of democratizing Work,” (15h) in the masters research program Strategy and organization. https://dauphine.psl.eu/formations/masters/management-et-organisations/m2-strategie-et-organisations
- Since 2010, Sociologie du travail (LTRAV 2200) avec Matthieu de Nanteuil, Master en sciences du travail, UCLouvain (enseigné en français/taught in French)
- Since 2009, Economy and Society (ECON 2340) with Christian Arnspegrer, Masters’ Program in Economics, UCLouvain (taught in English)
- Fall 2006-Spring 2009: Université catholique de Louvain, Belgium, Associate Professor (chargé de cours), Faculté ouverte de politique économique et sociale. “Politique, acteurs et décision”, introductory class in political science and the Belgian political system (30 hours) (enseigné en Français/taught in French)
- Spring-Summer 2007: University of Bremen, Germany, DAAD Guest Professor:
- European Labour Relations (30h) (Masters Program in European Labour Studies) (taught in English);
- Research Perspectives, Doctoral seminar (30h) (Graduate School for Social Sciences) (taught in English);
- Fall 2005-Spring 2009: Université catholique de Louvain, Belgium, seminar co-organizer with Axel Gosseries (FNRS, ETES) “Workplace democracy Workshop” (monthly seminar with guests). Co-editor of the WDW working paper series (French/English).
- Fall 2004: Harvard University, USA, Harvard College, Teaching Fellow for Professor Glyn Morgan, “The Public and the Private in Politics, Morality, and Law” (30 hours).