Time: 11am-12.30pm NYC / 5-6.30pm Paris / 8.30-10pm Delhi
After introducing the book, we will hear from an outstanding panel, reflecting on the diversity of perspectives and actors engaged with #DemocratizingWork:
- Sharan Burrow, General Secretary of the International Trade Union Confederation and former President of the Australian Council of Trade Unions
- Jayati Ghosh, Professor at the University of Massachusetts Amherst, member ofUnited Nations High-Level Advisory Board on Economic and Social Affairs, and former Chairperson of the Centre for Economic Studies and Planning at the Jawaharlal Nehru University, India
- Nicolás Grau, Minister of Economy, Development and Reconstruction of Chile
- Thomas Piketty, Professor of Economics at the Paris School of Economics-EHESS, France, and author of Capital in the Twenty-First Century
- Moderator, Sharon Block, Professor of Practice and Executive Director of theLabor and Worklife Program at Harvard Law School and former Acting Administrator of the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (OIRA) for the Biden Administration.
The panel will be followed by a 30 minute-discussion between the audience and us, the 13 authors of the book. This discussion will be chaired by Adelle Blackett of McGill University. We hope to see you then!